Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On Hearing Simon Vincent Read Aloud

I recently sent in some of my poems to WLRN writers under the sun program to see if I could read my poems on radio. Just today a nice lady, Alyssa, wrote me and maybe, just maybe I will read on radio. Talk about excited, I feel like a kid. I will read my poem On hearing Eliot Read Aloud. It moved me back then to write some lines.

ON HEARING ELIOT READ ALOUD

The ghost of a moment
When candlelight flickers,
The ghost of a chance
To gather more treasure,
To store away hours
Enveloped in shadows,
Wrapped up in the timbre
Of the resonant voice
As he reads from the poet
The sound reaches through me
And enters, and settles,
Exciting and soothing.
While candlelight flickers
Each word finds its meaning-
Breathless. I, captive,
Aware of the author,
Yearn to discover
All Eliot’s dream-world,
I will wander forever
Through the land of his voice.

No comments: