Monday, April 16, 2012

Diana (The People's Princess)

DIANA

(The People’s Princess)

You walk in the splendor of life

with footsteps of feathers and lace.

Like Actaeon before me

I dare not cross your path,

for I who hunted the wild and free horizon

now beg you for thy love and mercy.

Thus, fear not from me Diana,

for I am not a prince!

The trail my destined past, must not, I pray,

my future smear.

I have felt the ebb of emptiness

and seen the ruin of castles made of sand,

I've endured the illusion of a once charmed love.

I...now can bear the truth

and feel the ripples of a quiet sea.

For you who came to me, and not with fear,

aimed your bow and arrow,

And I winced and spied the mellow rich desire in your eyes.

I sensed...and fell, and in the fall

I arched my spine and reached for you,

but where?

Where are you?

I turn to search for you Diana,

And I beg you; “Are you free?"

And then...I see...

I see you are not there,

No!

You're here...with me.

with me.

No comments: