Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Todays Poem dedicated to my cousin Henry Serra and his mother

Lamento II (From the book Sea Lust)

Mother of all

hold me to your bosom

one more time I pray.

Take my hand

caress my neck

with your ethereal touch

that soothes the searing pain.

Let me rest, forget,

pacify the night

so dark!

Demons lurk, bloodied

piercing eyes of scorn

disgrace abounds

and all along

foolish friends sing and dance.

From deceit the truth reborn!

Let us go then

take my hand

the eternal waves

keep endless time

in our world, our sea

sand between our toes

clouds where angels sing

velvety soft and warm.

Feels like home

the genuine for us

no borrowed crown shall do!

And Oh, your touch

the glow, aura, splendor

sanctuary for saints and sinners

purity for all

devotion, love, in splendid candor.

Fill my cup with love,

sweet nectar of your essence.

Let me gaze into your

emerald tearless jewels

that I scorn to share

like the moon and stars

are theirs, so I must bear

the stranger's turn

the fortunate souls

that fate has graced

with your blessed eyes

and golden smile.

Your face is time

mother of all.

I cherish the thought

you're mine!

No comments: