Monday, May 11, 2009

Paris Holiday

Well what can I say about visiting Paris for the first time, nothing and everything! I am speechless when it comes to Art and History, everything has been said, a lot more eloquently than I could, but I can tell you that it is unforgettable and will remain with you forever. It is as they say, Paris--then you die! Or something like that. Monet's lilies were incredible. And seeing all the Modiglianis, and Picassos and Cezannes and Van Gohs and on and on...you get the picture.
I sipped my espresso on the small table on the cafe by the plaza in St. Germain and thought about Hemingway and the rest of the lost souls. I wrote my scribbles and felt more alive that I have felt in a long time. But then came time to leave. And as they say looking forward to the next time.

No comments: